University of Johannesburg Online Application
Technological advancement is one aspect that has significantly contributed to effective learning in tertiary institutions. The University of Johannesburg (UJ) conducts most of its operations online, including application and checking of registration status by prospective students. That said, do you know what it takes to achieve a successful UJ online application?
There are numerous universities in South Africa, which calls for careful consideration when choosing your university of choice. That said, it is natural that you would want to know more about the University of Johannesburg before you can start the registration process.
Having the desire to join UJ is one thing and applying successfully is another. In fact, most individuals lose their chances of joining the universities of their choice by failing to follow the registration process guidelines. To join UJ, it is a requirement you make the application either online or offline. The procedure is critical and demands prospective students to show some seriousness while applying. It takes the right procedure to register successfully and join the university. Let us explore the UJ online application 2021 in detail.
To apply online, you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
If you cannot apply online, you may submit a paper application by printing the forms from the links below and sending them to the Admissions Office.
Applications Open: 1 April
Application Closing Date:
27 September (Undergraduates) at 12:00
31 October (Postgraduates) at 12:00
- Online application – Free
- The offline, paper application – R200
- Do not pay the application fee if you have paid it previously since UJ’s application fee is payable once only.
Course Cost Range Per Annum
Undergraduate tuition costs at UJ ranges anywhere from R20 000 to R67 000.
UJ Checklist Applications
Checklist for applying
- Valid email address (Gmail or Yahoo mail account).
- Have the requirements for study choices been met?
- If the residence is required then a deposit of R1220 must be paid.
- Certified and individually scanned documents if completed Grade 12 (see the process below).
- Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants):
- All documents must be certified
- When uploading documents, ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB and that all documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to [email protected] with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.