Are you looking forward to applying for a National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to support your education? Then I must say it’s great news that you are here reading this article.
The good news is, NSFAS has opened its application for students who are seeking for financial funding for their education.
In this article you are going to know all about how to apply for NSFAS. So, let’s get to how to apply for NSFFAS now.
Requirement Needed To Apply For NSFAS
Students who want to apply for NSFAS will need these few but very important documents for the NSFAS application.
- South African Identification Card (ID Card) or birth certificate
- Your parents or Guardians Identification Card (ID Card). Their Death Certificate if they are deceased.
- Identification Card (ID Cards) of individuals living with you at home.
- Letter of Employment/Salary Slip/ Pay advice/Pension Advice (should not be other than three months).
Note: Do not include South African Social Security Agency incentives (SASSA) as home income.
- Your guarantor, who could be your parents, guardian will sign a consent form of your application.
You can download the forms from NSFAS official website nsfas.org.za
Yes, the above are all the requirements you need to be able to apply for NSFAS.
Now, let’s look at how you can apply for NSFAS online.
Applying For NSFAS Via Online
Below is a step by step guide to apply for NSFAS through online. Follow the procedure to apply for your NSFAS.
- Visit the official website nsfas.org.za and register as a user to have your NSFAS account on MyNSFAS.
In the registration, you will use your username, password, cell phone number and email address. Your cell phone number and email address are important because, NSFAS will use them to communicate with you about your application.
- After registering to have your account, proceed to the apply tab, it will show you the application forms.
Note: You will need to confirm that, you have all the required documents and that you qualify to apply for NSFAS.
- Read carefully the application instructions and fill the application forms.
- Scan all the required documents and upload them onto your online application page.
- Once you finish, click on the submit button to send your application to NSFAS.
- Wait a little longer to receive a reference number for your NSFAS application.
Simple. This is all what it takes to apply for NSFAS. The NSFAS will from, after you submitted your application, communicate with you via you’re cell phone number and email address.
Good Luck in your NSFAS application.