You are going to know the breakdown of how to apply to Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) in this article. You will understand the online application and hardcopy papa-base application processes. You are a step ahead to study at SMU. Now, let’s get to the subject.
Know These Before You Apply To SMU
These are simple but significant to note before you begin to apply, either by online or hardcopy paper-base application forms. You need these before you can complete application for admission at SMU.
- An email address. Create one if you don’t already have any
- Identification Card (ID) or Passport Number
- National Senior/Matric/IEB or equivalent certificate
- An amount of R200 which is non-refundable
- You will write a National Benchmark Test (NBT)
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible and not wait till closing date of application.
SMU Online Application.
Reminder: Applicants are advised to apply through SMU online application portal only, on SMU website. . Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences Online Application
These are what you need to for SMU online Application
- An email address
- Copy of your ID/passport document.
- South African Students will need copy of Grade 11 results or National Senior/Matric/IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12). International Students will need equivalent certificate
How To Apply To SMU Through Online
- Go to SMU Online Application portal
- Read and understand the instructions and fill the forms
- Recheck and make necessary corrections
- Upload required documents in a pdf file format (i.e Grade 12 certificate, passport number, etc)
- Submit your application
Well, we know how to apply to SMU through online. Let’s now turn to hardcopy paper application.
SMU Hardcopy Paper-base Application
The hardcopy paper-base Application is for applicants who will not apply through online for their own personal reasons.
Note: Applicants will need to download the application forms from SMU website.
What You Need For SMU Hardcopy Paper-base Application
SMU hardcopy paper-base application requirements are same like the online application.
How To Apply To SMU Through Hardcopy Paper-base Application
- Download SMU application forms
- Complete the application accurately and fully.
- Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees
- Attach prove of application fee payment
- Attach all required documents.
Submitting Application Forms
Note: Applicants will need to submit hardcopy paper-base application through SMU postal Address.
SMU Postal Address
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
P.O. Box 60
Remember: SMU does not accept application through email. So, applicants are advised not to submit their application via email or fax.
SMU Application Fees
Both South African Student and International Student Applicants will need to pay an amount of R200 for application fees, through SMU bank account.
SMU Bank Account Detail
Bank name: Standard Bank
Account name: SMU
Account no.: 071244395
Branch no.: 020909;
Ref no.: Your ID/ Passport number/ Student number
Nonetheless, we advise applicants to check and confirm SMU payment bank account details from the university website before attempting to make any payment of any kind.
SMU Residence Accommodation
Student applicants have the chance to specify in the application forms; both online and hardcopy, if they want residence accommodation.
Read more about SMU Residence Accommodation for further information.
Well, here is all what is about applying to SMU for study admission.
You can now apply to SMU via the above two explained application processes.
For more information on personal basis, you can contact SMU through the below contacts
Telephone: 012-521 4058/5886/4315/4319/4137/4204/4979