UJ uLink is the gateway to the University of Johannesburg’s institutional resources. You must be registered for the year and will need a username and password to log on.
Here is the link to UJ ulink: https://ulink.uj.ac.za
Resetting your UJ password: To reset your UJ password, go to uLink and
follow the instructions.
Blackboard (Bb): This is UJ’s online learning management system and can only be accessed via uLink.
GETTING STARTED AT UJ
Computer Literacy Test
All first-year students must complete this test. If you have not done so yet, please go to http://uconnect.uj.ac.za/ > Survey/Tests > Computer Literacy Test.
GETTING CONNECTED TO UJ RESOURCES
Internet Browsers: We recommend that you use Google Chrome.
uGo: UJ’s mobile app helps you stay connected to UJ wherever you are. To install the uGo app on your mobile device, go to: http://ugo.uj.ac.za
uLearn: Access Blackboard via an app on your mobile device. Visit this link to download the Blackboard Mobile Learn app for iOS®, Android™, BlackBerry® or webOS®: http://ugo.uj.ac.za/modules/bb.w.php
uHelp: Find information via http://uhelp.uj.ac.za on how to solve problems that you are most likely to experience using technology at UJ.
UJ Library: The purpose of the UJ Library is to support teaching, learning and research with the most relevant and up-to-date resources. Visit the Library’s website (www.uj.ac.za/library) or go to http://uhelp.uj.ac.za
About UJ uLink
The UJ uLink interfaces
Students are required to sign up for tutorial groups on uLink. Students will attend tutorial contact sessions at times and venues allocated to the groups they have selected. Students may NOT change groups during the semester.This is how you will access uLink:1.You can only access uLink courses via the student portal.2.Log into the student portal at 3.
IF YOU ARE A FIRST TIME USER OF THE STUDENT PORTAL:
- a.Click on the “Register” button in the top right hand of your screen.
- b.Specify your student number and ID number when prompted for them.
- c.Follow the steps on the screen to set up a password and “forgotten your password/challenge-response”.
- 4.Contact Biographics at (011) 559-3040 immediately if there is a problem with regard to your IDnumber. Once they have corrected it, you can try to register on the student web again.
- 5.Contact the computer lab assistants at the computer labs on your campus if there is a problem with your password.
- 6. Click on the link “uLink” under “External Links” to the left of the screen.
- 7. Click on the relevant module under the “My Modules” heading.
- 8. Contact the uLink Helpdesk at (011) 559-3580 if you cannot see specific modules that need to be activated on uLink. Once you have accessed uLink, you will need to sign up for a group in the Financial Management 1B page.