In this article, we are showing you the breakdown of how to apply to The University of the Western Cape (UWC). The breakdown includes how to apply to UWC either using an online application process or hardcopy paper-based application forms.
We’ll also show you how to apply for residence accommodation at UWC
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible and not wait till closing of application date.
Applicants are advised to use only one application format, it’s either online or hardcopy paper base to prevent being denied of admission to UWC.
Let’s get to the application itself.
UWC Online Application Requirements
Applicants can apply to study at UWC through line. However, there are things applicants will need to have at hand when applying through online. These include;
- An email address for the online application. Applicants should create one if they don’t have one yet.
- Identification documents
- Certified senior Certificate/ National Senior Certificate. With this, South African Students will need to provide Grade 11 or Grade 12 certificate.
- International students will need to submit a letter of confirmation from University of South Africa (USAF) that state that they qualify to study at a South African university.
Apply to UWC through Online
Note: Applicants are advised to make sure they apply only through the official University of the Western Cape website. This is because; UWC will not get your application if you don’t apply through the university’s official online application portal.
How To Apply To UWC Through Online
- Applicant will need a valid email address. If you don’t have, you will need to create one before you come back to continue your application.
- Applicant will need to provide copies of identification document. With this, South African Students will provide their ID Card whiles International students will have to provide a valid Passport Number.
- Applicants will provide certified copies of qualification documents. i.e Grade 11 or Grade 12 certificate.
- You should complete in full, the application forms before submitting to avoid delays of feedback information on your application.
Below is the direct link to the UWC online application portal.
Applicants may also want to read UWC Online Application Further Instructions
Now that we have gotten to know the online application process, let’s consider UWC hardcopy paper-base application.
UWC Hardcopy Paper-Base Application Forms.
Note: Applicants cannot download UWC hardcopy paper-based application forms from online. However, applicants will need to write or call the university via telephone or postal address for the hardcopy application forms.
Applicants who will want to write for UWC hardcopy paper base may post their request letter through the below postal address. Applicants will also send their complete filled application forms through this same postal address.
Student Administration Department
University of the Western Cape
Private Bag X17
Applicants who will prefer to request hardcopy application forms via telephone call can do so through +27 21 959 3900/ 3901.
UWC Hardcopy Application Requirements
UWC hardcopy paper-base application forms requirements are the same as the requirements for the online application.
UWC Application Fee
Application to study at UWC is free. That means, applicants will not pay for UWC application.
UWC Residence Accommodation
UWC provides residence accommodation for students who may need the service. However, applicants can apply for UWC residence accommodation only when they are accepted and admitted to study at UWC.
To apply for UWC residence Accommodation, students will have to access a separate Kovacs Student Village website.
Applicants can also visit University of the Western Cape for further information on residence accommodation.
Applicants who may want to contact UWC for personal enquiries can use the below UWC contact details.
Tel: 021 959 3900/01
Good Luck!!! In your dream to study at the University of the Western Cape.